Saturday, April 18, 2020

Project Reflection!

Upon the completion of my Aice Media A level project I feel I have learned so much in this process and I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to do so. While it may be unfortunate the hardships that I have faced throughout the process due to the pandemic have honestly taught me to become more resourceful and creative. Starting out this portfolio project I was excited to do even better than I had before but I had no idea what was to come ahead. The pandemic was definitely a surprise but in the end, it pushed me to my creative limits.

I started with an original idea and an original partner and I ended up doing a completely different idea all by myself. Working alone was something that I feared as I was wary about the turnout. However, it has taught me to learn new skills. Last year I worked as part of a group in helping develop the story for the project as well as helping direct the process and plan everything out. I was not really a part of the editing process. Whereas this year the roles completely changed as I had to become involved in all aspects of the project when I decided to work alone. I have found a new appreciation for editing as it is no easy task but I learned to use different software including iMovie and Wevideo. I actually learned the strengths and weaknesses of both but I was grateful that I had access to both because what one did not have the other did.

Having no access to actors also forced to act in my own piece which was also new to me but ended up being less daunting than I thought it would. Learning about experimental films allowed me to develop an idea that I could execute in the comfort of my own home without violating any social distancing rules. I have also never done a project that I have related to so deeply. The whole idea of the nostalgic feeling and anxiety that one sometimes feels when they come closer to adulthood is an experience that I am currently going through and I am excited to share it with others in the hopes that it conjures the same feelings in them. I am however slightly regretful that I chose an experimental film because it places a larger focus on visuals and sound editing rather than dialogue or storytelling. I believe this paired along with some of the complex ideas that I had caused it to be an overwhelming project when I could have done something more simple. Nevertheless, it was a learning experience and I am glad I was able to complete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I have reached the end of the line and it is time to reflect! I went through a lot of ups and downs in the midst of creating this short film...