Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Filmic Pro!

Before I decided on my idea I was recommended by a couple of my peers to look into an app named Filmic Pro. I searched it up on the AppStore to make sure it was something that would be helpful in my project. I saw it provided many features to allow for easier film making on an iPhone. Considering I didn't have a professional camera I thought this was a feasible tool for me to acquire and I thought it would be pretty helpful.

However, before I started to use it I needed to know how to use it! So I watched a tutorial by the name of FiLMic Pro 2019 tutorial where I learned how to use some of the main features on the app. As you can see in the picture I provided there is a small button on the bottom left corner. This is where you can control the temperature and color of the video. I found this very helpful considering the editing software that I work with (iMovie) does not really provide an easy post-production color correcting tool. Then on the left side, you can control the exposure of the video to make it brighter or more toned down. I think this will be very helpful for me when I am trying to take specific shots to establish a mood or express an emotion. Then on the right, you can manage the focus of the video and you can use the zoom feature. I think the zoom feature is really helpful because it lets you zoom in and out in a much smoother way than on the regular phone camera. There is also a square that will appear on the screen that allows you to focus on certain objects or subjects and lock it down to that specific area. In addition to the rectangle, there is a circle that will allow you to manage the exposure on the video that you can also lockdown to certain areas.

I don't have too much experience with the app since I just recently purchased the App but it seems to be pretty easy to use now that I have researched it a little. I am glad I found it because I think it will help make my film slightly more professional. Not only this but I think features like the focus, exposure, and temperature tools will allow me to highlight the feelings I am trying to portray in my short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I have reached the end of the line and it is time to reflect! I went through a lot of ups and downs in the midst of creating this short film...